Shelton CT Homes
These are just a sample of the beautiful historic homes that grace our city, and add to it's quaintness.
These pictures were taken near the downtown area of Shelton, and the homes were built in the late 1800's.
I love just walking around the city and viewing the beautiful architecture.
The majority of the factory owners built their homes on Coram Avenue, and a lot of these old homes are still standing.
You can understand why the real estate in Connecticut is rather expensive.
As you can see, I took these photos during the winter, and I believe winter is when the architecture of the New England homes are most noticeable.
So even when the trees are drab, and the skies are grey, you can appreciate even more the work that has gone into building them. There are so many of them.
I think one of the things that makes New England so unique, is the old English and Victorian Architecture. The houses are huge, and what was once built as a single dwelling, has been converted to family homes, mainly because of a housing shortage, and few people can afford to own a whole home. These houses sit along Coram Ave in downtown Shelton and along Perry Avenue near the Plumb Library.
Closer Pictures of Shelton's Architecture
- Maroon and Pink Home... Maroon and Pink Home...
- Home near the laundromat... Bay Window Picture
- Home Winter Scene... Home Winter Scene
- Yellow and White House picture... Yellow and White House picture - front porch - view decoration
- Old estate picture... old estate picture
- New England Winter Scene... New England Winter Scene
- House across from Riverview park... Riverview Park home - another view
- The old hoopskirt factory... hoopskirt factory... read more about this
- The old mansion on the hill... old mansion
- A brown house close to the library... brown house - closer view
- A green house near the library... green house - front view - decoration