Civil War ReenactmentThe Civil war did not rake place in Connecticut, but many of the men left the state to fight elsewhere.
These pictures are of a Civil War Reenactment held here in Shelton at the History Center Mayfest.
The men came dressed in Union soldier uniforms for the Civil War reenactment that took place at the Mayfest.
By the time we got there, they already had tents up and a campfire going, cooking biscuits for breakfast.
It was all so interesting to watch and we had to remind ourselves to take pictures.
In the afternoon they had drills and made a firing line.
More Pictures of the Civil War Reenactment
- larger picture of the firing line...
- a picture of the rifles on the lawn... rifles
- a picture of the drum and rifles... drum and rifles
- Civil War uniforms... civil war uniforms
- Union Army solidiers... union army soldiers
- Soliers taking a break and enjoying the festivities... reenactment