Veterans Memorial DedicationThese are a few of the photos taken of the Veterans Memorial dedication held on the new downtown riverfront.
They tried to hold the services the day before Memorial Day, but it was cancelled due to rain.
So they scheduled it for the next weekend.
The mayor of Shelton, Mark Lauretti, did the unveiling of four large pieces, each etched with the different wars on the front,
On the back of the memorials are engraved the names of the men and women of Shelton who lost their lives during these wars.
It's very beautifully done. There is also a Veterans Memorial at Riverview Park.
More Pictures of the Memorials
- The World War 1 Memorial front... World War 1 Memorial
- World War 1 Memorial back... World War 1 Memorial names
- The World War 2 Memorial front... World War 2 Memorial front
- World War 2 Memorial back... World War 2 Memorial names
- The Korean War Memorial front... Korean War Memorial front
- Korean War Memorial back... Korean War Memorial names
- The Vietnam War Memorial front... Vietnam War Memorial front
- Vietnam War Memorial back... Vietnam War Memorial names
- View of the Memorials from across the street... view from Farmer's market
- Pictures taken from behind the memorials looking south... river view
- also see the Veteran's Memorial made into a float at the parade... Memorial float